NEIGHBOURS: Connecting Neighbours Who Care
Community happens when NEIGHBOURS connect with each other. We are making it easier for neighbours to watch out, help and care for each other.
- Neighbours are people who are connected through shared interests and living in proximity of one another.
- People who live near to each other, and can look out for people they see everyday.
- Group members who genuinely care about the well-being of each other and have a built in way of connecting with those who need extra help through their shared faith, culture or shared activities.
What Matters To Me…
Neighbours: “It makes me feel good to be kind. I want to be useful to my neighbours and people who are part of my social networks. I appreciate seeing the difference I make. But it needs to be easy for me to do the right thing”
Neighbourhood Associations: “Many people in our neighbourhood struggle with mobility challenges, loneliness, and isolation, and I am keen on any initiative which can help strengthen our neighbourhood so that people here can look out for one another. I want people to feel like they are a part of the neighbourhood, contributing and being supported in return.”
Cultural Community Leaders: “Support for seniors is one of our top challenges. Asking for help is a cultural taboo, which means there are many isolated seniors who, together with the language barrier, find it difficult to integrate with mainstream society and to successfully organize their life in order to live well in their golden years.”
Neighbourhood Means To Me…
- Feeling an integral part of my community
- Receiving help when I need it and giving back where I can
- Rekindling community spirit
- Enabling older people to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible.
- Helping neighbours connect and keep in touch with one another.
- Neighbourhoods which look out for one another are safer neighbourhoods
Give Us A Call
519-974-2581 ext. 2420