I am a Volunteer
Volunteers contribute their time and efforts to improve their community and the lives of people around them.
What Matters to Me...
As a volunteer, I have a chance to improve my community, using the strengths and skills I have. I want to work towards a purpose I believe in.
“I work in my community to help people with their physical, mental, and social needs. I know I can’t respond to all the needs that people have. As much as I love giving back, I often feel overly stressed and burned out as I often encounter people in distress who I don’t know how to help.”
Compassionate Care means to me...
- The chance to make a real difference
- The happiness that comes from being of value
- Seeing the difference I make
- Giving back to my community
- Being a partner in a great movement, connecting formal and informal institutions, community groups and citizens.
What do I get?
- The chance to make a real difference in people’s lives
- Training to become a more confident and skilled volunteer
- The ability to tap into a greater pool of resources, bolster my work, and being connected to a greater collective purpose
As a result...
- Work together with my community to create a thriving care network and relationships where each of us feels cared for, connected and valued
- Do better by myself and for the world we live in
Give Us A Call
519-974-2581 ext. 2420