How You Can Help
- Share your experiences to help build a community system that works for you
- Identify people who could benefit from compassionate care
- Volunteer to be a Coach
- Join a Neighbour Exchange
- Be kind to others, naturally
- Reach out to people to ask “How can I help?”
- Discuss with other about what you can do to improve community quality of life
- Like us on social media
- Support our Give 65 event (Fall 2017)
Join The Movement
Here’s how you can get involved:
- If you or someone you know is over 80 years or older, has a disability, or is isolated, and wants to help in setting up your own life-ling care system and personal safety net, call the Compassion Care Community Office at 519-974-2581 ext 2420 for information about joining our study (or to volunteer as a coach)
- If you notice someone you care about or who lives in your neighbourhood who appears in distress, but can’t seem to get the help they need, please call the Distress Line at 519-256-5000.
- If you want to be part of a neighbour exchange to offer your skills and in exchange ask for the practical and social help you need, please email us at [email protected] to see what exchanges are available and how you can join
Become a Volunteer
We accept all volunteers – if you would like to use your talents and gifts to make your community stronger, please let us know and we’ll find a place where you can contribute best. We are especially seeking volunteers who are interested in becoming Compassionate Care Coaches; and Transportation Volunteers for the Leamington and Windsor pilot sites. Meet some of our volunteers and hear what they are saying about their experiences.
We are committed to using this experience as a “learning laboratory” for schools.
We are accepting student interns fro all clinical disciplines (e.g. social work; nursing); computer science; business; community services; and office administration. If you are a student and would like to join us for your placement or internship with us, please make arrangements with your professor or instructor to join our team, or contact us directly for more information.